Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Support to Bids and Tenders, Project Startup
- When necessary, attend pricing meetings to ensure pricing policies are adhered to during review
- Attend PO handover meetings for assigned projects
- When necessary, provide historical cost data in support of pricing process
- Generate target costing for project execution
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Support CoE Finance and Project teams in preparation of relevant budget and forecast data
- Assist in preparation of ad hoc projections throughout the year at project level
Specific Project Accountant duties
- Ensure that Project accounting is in line with published guidelines as well as project procedures, and that
deadlines are adhered to.
- Establish structures and routines for cost and revenue control at project start-up within existing systems and
- Establish the agreed baseline budgets and targets.
- Prepare and maintain cost plan per Work Package of the Contract, Sub-Contracts and Purchase Orders.
- Develop a detailed budget for the Project in line with the agreed Project List of Accounts.
- Liaise with the Project Planner to ensure that cost elements of the project master plan are consistent with
- Help identify potential Variation Orders and Claims and provide cost input and estimates for Variation Order
Requests (VOR)/Variation Orders (VO).
- Update budgets and targets to incorporate approved VO.
- Collect required information, prepare and submit invoices in accordance to Contract requirements
- Prepare Project Financial and Cashflow Reports for project management.
- Review and control all incoming invoices from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Assist in establishing monthly reports with special emphasis on monthly, quarterly and yearly results.
- Investigate budget vs. actual variances and propose corrective actions as required.
- Carry out Project Final Statement of Accounts and agree final invoice amounts.
Month End closing activities:
- Reconcile revenue and cost of sales to the appropriate business system as directed by the Finance Lead
- Calculate percentage-of-completion (POC) accounting entries for assigned POC projects
- Reconcile engineering/project management costs to P&L/Inventory
- Prepare management commentary on major bookings and shipments in the month for assigned projects
- Prepare rolling forecast for bookings, revenues, margin, advances and cashflow for assigned projects
- Reconcile warranty, liquidated damages and penalty provision reserves for assigned projects
- Review advances, unbilled shipments and unearned billings accounts for assigned projects
- Prepare comprehensive management reports for assigned projects
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations for all Projects balance sheet accounts, partner companies, or subcontractors
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting from an accredited university or college
- 5+ years of experience in industry-related project accountant, cost controller role.
- Flexible, proactive in problem solving. Team working pattern.
- Outcome driven working style.
- Business Growth mindset
- Strong presentation and communication skills